Location:Great Abington, Cambridge
Closing:February 29, 2024
- Salary £19,000 per annum
- Holiday Entitlement 25.5 days plus bank holidays
- Start Date 2nd September 2024
Pfizer is looking to recruit a Product Development Engineering apprentice. You will be part of the engineering team and the role combines engineering activities and collaboration with 3rd party organisations to ensure the delivery of technical projects.
|Grade 5 in GCSE Mathematics or equivalent, Grade 4 in GCSE English Language or equivalent (prior to admission)
96 points from three A levels including Maths and a Science based subject. (i.e. three ‘C’ grades or equivalent).
Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Engineering or a related subject with a Merit, Merit, Merit profile.
|£19,000 per annum
|25.5 days plus bank holidays
|Great Abington, Cambridge
|Monday to Thursday, 9am – 5.25pm with 45 minute lunch break. Fridays, 9am – 4.05pm with 45 minute lunch break
|2nd September 2024
|14th March 2024
Please note interview dates are fixed as we will be holding assessment centres. Please ensure you are available on the planned interview date prior to applying for the role. If you have any issues, please let us know in advance.
|Closing date for applications
|29th February 2024
|To apply, fill in your information in the online form below. If you are having difficulty in completing this, please contact recruitment on email@example.com for assistance.
|Once the position has closed, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one way video interview, you will have 3 days to complete it.
The Devices Centre of Excellence provides input and oversight to the development of drug delivery devices, primarily for home use by patients.
This position, within the engineering team combines engineering activities and collaboration with 3rd party organisations to ensure the delivery of technical projects. It may include activities throughout the development process from setting specifications based on patient and business needs through to commercial launch.
You will operate in a team environment, working closely with other colleagues to ensure technical robustness of the products under development and suitability for patients.
Given the broad technical and teamworking activities, essential skills are good analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Supporting early-stage usability and market research studies to identify user requirements.
- Designing test rigs and challenge parts to collect user data and test devices.
- Producing models and drawings using 3D CAD.
- Analysing data using statistical methods.
- Analysing supplier designs to identify areas critical to function, likely failure modes and design sensitivities.
- Lab-based testing of devices and prototypes.
- Assessing and mitigating risks, including input to DFMEA and UFMEA.
- Documenting relevant design information and activities.
- Involvement in design reviews.
- Effective interaction with suppliers and other Pfizer groups.
You’re the future. Your ambition, talents, ideas and unique way of looking at the world will help us drive innovation in every part of our business.
Our company purpose – “Breakthroughs that Change Patients’ Lives” – guides our environmental sustainability priorities. We’re passionate about protecting human health. That’s reflected in our environmental sustainability goals: climate action & sustainable medicines.
An Apprenticeship at Pfizer means doing work that helps millions of people worldwide benefit from life-changing treatment. It means working for a company that believes in equity, excellence and protecting your work-life balance.
Our apprenticeship scheme, run in partnership with Cogent Skills, offers the best of both worlds. You’ll work with world-leaders in your field, from researchers to business gurus. You’ll study towards a nationally recognised academic or professional qualification, and you’ll be earning a highly competitive salary!
We need people with a hugely diverse range of talents. Get stuck into an Apprenticeship at Pfizer to launch your career. As a UK Top Employer for the 8th year Learn More about what this means for us.
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing project needs
- Strong organisational and task management skills
- Clear written and oral communication, articulating ideas and concepts clearly to a range of levels and technical abilities
- Practical and pragmatic
- Technical awareness
- Focus on users of the product
- Enthusiasm and pro-active attitude
- Willingness to ask questions to fill gaps in knowledge
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Qualification to be delivered: BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering Design
Apprenticeship Standard: Product Design and Development Engineer (degree)
Training Provider: Coventry University
Delivery model: Block release at Coventry University with online learning
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be eligible to apply for other positions within the business.
THINGS TO BE CONSIDERED
The apprentice must be able to demonstrate the required attitudes, behaviours and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace. The apprentice must be willing to commit an amount of personal time to study. Please ensure you check out travel options to be able to commute to the workplace. See the following website: http//www.transportdirect.info