Closing:March 1, 2024
- Salary £16,000 per annum
- Holiday Entitlement 25.5 days plus bank holidays
- Start Date 2nd September 2024
- Would you like to work in a team that is responsible for supporting our Pfizer Research & Development and Commercial office facilities across Europe?
- Would you like to be part of a high performing, experienced team?
- Are you hardworking, well organised and good at problem solving?
- Do you have an eye for detail and a willingness to strive for accurate, high-quality work?
- Are you a good written and verbal communicator, and comfortable using technology?
- Can you work with people at our UK, Sandwich location and virtually across different countries and time zones in Europe and China.
If you can meet these requirements, we want to hear from you about this exciting Level 3 Business Administration Apprentice opportunity we have to offer. For the successful candidate, you can expect training and support on your journey and some fun along the way.
|You will be required to have at least 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 or equivalent including Maths and English.
|£16,000 per annum
|25.5 days plus bank holidays
|Monday to Thursday, 9am – 5.25pm with 45 minute lunch break. Fridays, 9am – 4.05pm with 45 minute lunch break
|2nd September 2024
|20th March 2024
Please note interview dates are fixed as we will be holding assessment centres. Please ensure you are available on the planned interview date prior to applying for the role. If you have any issues, please let us know in advance.
|Closing date for applications
|1st March 2024
|To apply, fill in your information in the online form below. If you are having difficulty in completing this, please contact recruitment on email@example.com for assistance.
|Once the position has closed, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one way video interview, you will have 3 days to complete it.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Level 3 Business Administration apprentice within Pfizer’s European Global Workplace & Solutions (GWS) team, based at our Sandwich, UK location.
Our team’s goal is to provide highly effective support to regional and local operational teams to ensure the smooth and effective running of Pfizer’s R&D and Office facilities in Europe.
This role has responsibility for many aspects associated with Purchase Order and Financial Management processes including the raising, monitoring, management and closure of purchase orders, as well as resolving issues that prevent the timely payment of invoices.
This role is critical in keeping the ‘lights on’ and the ‘doors open’ at Pfizer facilities across Europe, as well as supporting the foundation and building blocks of our cost management and financial performance.
- Purchase Order Management: Proactively manages spend requests and ensures all the correct steps and documents are completed to approve spend in a timely manner and ensuring suppliers are paid as required.
- Invoice Issue Resolution: Investigates what is preventing invoices being paid and takes responsibility to identify the corrective action needed to resolve the problem.
- Purchase Order Spend Tracking: Provides accurate tracking of financial performance against our purchase order approved spending limits. Responsible for anticipating supplier payment issues in advance on them happening, as well as providing other team members with accurate and timely spend information that supports our financial forecasting process.
- Process Improvement: Develop and maintain training documents to ensure a state of continuous improvement within the team and our internal stakeholders.
- Other: As skills and knowledge grow, this role will support the team with a variety of increasingly complex tasks, including but not limited to: forecasting data entry, raising invoices for tenants occupying Pfizer facilities, special projects and ad hoc analysis as required
You’re the future. Your ambition, talents, ideas and unique way of looking at the world will help us drive innovation in every part of our business.
Our company purpose – “Breakthroughs that Change Patients’ Lives” – guides our environmental sustainability priorities. We’re passionate about protecting human health. That’s reflected in our environmental sustainability goals: climate action & sustainable medicines.
An Apprenticeship at Pfizer means doing work that helps millions of people worldwide benefit from life-changing treatment. It means working for a company that believes in equity, excellence and protecting your work-life balance.
Our apprenticeship scheme, run in partnership with Cogent Skills, offers the best of both worlds. You’ll work with world-leaders in your field, from researchers to business gurus. You’ll study towards a nationally recognised academic or professional qualification, and you’ll be earning a highly competitive salary!
We need people with a hugely diverse range of talents. Get stuck into an Apprenticeship at Pfizer to launch your career. As a UK Top Employer for the 8th year Learn More about what this means for us.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment or on own as needed.
- Ability to learn quickly and work with complex IT systems and processes.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills to deliver workload to appropriate deadlines.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritise accordingly.
- Technical awareness and IT literacy.
- Enthusiastic and pro-active attitude.
- Ability to solve problems, interact with others and manage a varied workload.
- Self-motivated to achieve high quality, accurate results within defined timeframes.
- Can use own judgment to make decisions.
- Enjoys working and participating in a supportive team environment.
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Qualification to be delivered: Level 3 Business Administrator
Apprenticeship Standard: Level 3 Business Administrator
Training Provider: BPP
Delivery model: Training to be provided will be completed via blended learning (mixture of on site and online delivery)
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be eligible to apply for other positions within the business.
THINGS TO BE CONSIDERED
The apprentice must be able to demonstrate the required attitudes, behaviours and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace. The apprentice must be willing to commit an amount of personal time to study. Please ensure you check out travel options to be able to commute to the workplace. See the following website: http//www.transportdirect.info