Closing:March 8, 2024
- Salary £17,500 per annum
- Holiday Entitlement 25.5 days plus bank holidays
- Start Date 2nd September 2024
Pfizer is looking to recruit an Accountancy apprentice. This is a financial role with the responsibility for creating and verifying financial information to support decision making within a pharmaceutical organisation. Working as part of a team and providing a quality service to internal customers. It is a data rich environment with a reliance on IT systems, visualisation and MS Office especially Excel.
|5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including mathematics and English.
A-Levels would be desirable
|£17,500 per annum
|25.5 days plus bank holidays
|Monday to Thursday, 9am – 5.25pm with 45 minute lunch break. Fridays, 9am – 4.05pm with 45 minute lunch break
|2nd September 2024
|26th March 2024
Please note interview dates are fixed as we will be holding assessment centres. Please ensure you are available on the planned interview date prior to applying for the role. If you have any issues, please let us know in advance.
|Closing date for applications
|8th March 2024
|To apply, fill in your information in the online form below. If you are having difficulty in completing this, please contact recruitment on email@example.com for assistance.
|Once the position has closed, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one way video interview, you will have 3 days to complete it.
This apprenticeship is a financial role working towards the responsibility for creating and verifying financial information to support decision making across commercial operations within a pharmaceutical organisation. Working with members of financial departments across Pfizer’s various businesses and operations for internal reporting purposes. Potential to work towards Accountancy qualifications provided by the relevant Professional Bodies.
This apprenticeship will support your training to become a professional within a financial environment where you will be required to have knowledge and understanding of the core elements of business accounting principles. Throughout this apprenticeship you will develop Business Awareness and demonstrate your understanding of the science industry and environment in which a commercial pharmaceutical company operates, including customer and supplier needs in order to create, validate and / or report financial information. Ethics and integrity are fundamental to the role therefore, you will understand and apply the relevant Ethical Standards to your own behaviour and appropriately challenge the actions of others where they do not meet these standards. You will also learn to understand and apply professional standards and legal regulations to Pfizer’s financial information and to comply with the fundamental principles of integrity, objectivity, professional competence and due care and confidentiality.
What is required?
- Analysis; Create and interpret information, and show how that information can be used most effectively to add value
- Communication; Effectively communicate relevant information across the organisation and to appropriate stakeholders in both written and verbal formats
- Leadership; Proactively manage your own development and be committed to the job and your profession.
- Planning and Prioritisation; Work to tight deadlines and respond to changing priorities. Effectively plan and prioritise your time and coordinate the input of others in order to meet both deadlines and changing priorities.
- Produces Quality and Accurate Information; Apply accounting/tax knowledge to consistently deliver high quality, accurate data and information in a timely fashion.
- Team Working and Collaboration; Work effectively in a team and with others, maintaining effective, professional working relationships both internally and externally across organisations.
- Uses Systems and Processes; Understand the systems and processes of the organisation sufficiently, as applicable to the role. Proficient in the IT systems applicable to the role.
You’re the future. Your ambition, talents, ideas and unique way of looking at the world will help us drive innovation in every part of our business.
Our company purpose – “Breakthroughs that Change Patients’ Lives” – guides our environmental sustainability priorities. We’re passionate about protecting human health. That’s reflected in our environmental sustainability goals: climate action & sustainable medicines.
An Apprenticeship at Pfizer means doing work that helps millions of people worldwide benefit from life-changing treatment. It means working for a company that believes in equity, excellence and protecting your work-life balance.
Our apprenticeship scheme, run in partnership with Cogent Skills, offers the best of both worlds. You’ll work with world-leaders in your field, from researchers to business gurus. You’ll study towards a nationally recognised academic or professional qualification, and you’ll be earning a highly competitive salary!
We need people with a hugely diverse range of talents. Get stuck into an Apprenticeship at Pfizer to launch your career. As a UK Top Employer for the 8th year Learn More about what this means for us.
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Analytical skills
- Computer literate
- Ethics and Integrity
- Professional scepticism
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Qualification to be delivered: CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting
Apprenticeship Standard: Level 4 Professional Accountancy
Training Provider: BPP
Delivery model: Online learning
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be eligible to apply for other positions within the business.
THINGS TO BE CONSIDERED
The apprentice must be able to demonstrate the required attitudes, behaviours and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace. The apprentice must be willing to commit an amount of personal time to study. Please ensure you check out travel options to be able to commute to the workplace. See the following website: http//www.transportdirect.info